Im sure I can figure out how to override the computer to close the
wastegate, but the problem is, how to include overboost protection.
Swapping in a pressure wastegate instead of a vacuum one makes sense,
not sure exactly is there are parts available to do that or not.

Luther wrote:
> I'm wondering here.....could this be a way to disable the computer?  If
> these switchover valves controll boost and power, can you disconnect the
> computer, or have a 2nd supplimental 12v+ line that keeps the car from
> going to limp home mode?
>
> Whew, that storm is done.
>
> Luther
>
> On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 14:13:55 -0500, Kaleb C. Striplin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> Well after messing around I have figured out the transducers are in fact
>> good.  Seems the vacuum is as it should be.  It seem the computer is
>> telling the transducers to vent.  Thought I could try taking them out of
>> the loop and just running vacuum to the in port on the switchover valve
>> for boost, but that wont work either because it defaults holding
>> vacuum(no vacuum going to wategate) with no voltage,  Apply 12 volts and
>> it opens.  Basically the computer is not supplying 12 volts to the
>> transducers to not vent, and also not to the switchover valves to pass
>> the vacuum.  Checking the codes I get a code 2, which is rack position
>> sensor.  My best guess here is that if that sensor is bad it must put
>> the computer into limp (no boost) mode.  I am getting ready to test the
>> sensor and maybe swap it for one from another car.  Not sure exactly how
>> it is removed yet.
>>
>> This is probably whole new territory here, maybe Marshall knows
>> something about this.

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  94 E420, 92 300D, 92 250D Turbo, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D,
  90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 89 260E, 87 300SDL, 87 300TD, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro,
  81 240D, 81 380SLC, 80 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250