In a message dated 9/3/2007 8:29:49 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I found  a source for a gallon of 12,500 cst oil, and had divvied it
up by selling  pints off to other guys interested in experimentation.
The number goes up  with increasing viscosity, and there was some
thought that the 12.5k stuff  (boob lube?) was perhaps too thick.
I do not know if this was definitively  established.  I myself have
not used my remaining pint for  anything.  Yet.

Thanks for the input, Jim, I thought it was your project, even if you
haven't done one yet!  I stand corrected as to the thickness (viscosity)
increases
with the number, just like oil.  3000 cs silicone should  flow into the tiny
hole much easier that 12.5K cs, though it MAY leak out easier  too.

The article mentions heating the fan clutch gently to about 225  degrees
before adding the fluid  into the clutch.  It also  suggested adding fluid in
4ml
packets, then spinning it to see if it is coupling  up.  With the control pin
removed, coupling would be maximized, something  you probably can feel.

Regards,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 264 K miles