Wasn't the story on Gore and the Internet traced back to a comment that he was
one of the senators who authorized funding for some of the initial
infrastructure that allowed the Internet to be started?  I know that is not
nearly as much fun to say, but like most politics I find little more than a
hint of truth in it - at least make sure of 'facts' prior to endless repeating
of propaganda on either side. All that seems to make the chat circut is spin.
BillR