Hello Hendrik

I respectfully suggest that if the point is that it is not economic to
clean
old type CIS injectors if one has to pay someone else to do it, that is
what you should have said, rather than dismissing my interest with
"We don't talk about cleaning them, we talk about replacing them."
or words to that effect.

I think all of us have to admit the story that Ed told was worth the read
and a nice piece of DIY work for a weekend afternoon.  If all of us
don't have to admit that, I do.  And I do admit it.  I found it fascinating.
I had no real idea what might be done before reading it.  I'm ignorant.

"Everyone is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers.

And BTW, new CIS injectors are not free or dirt cheap. Recent quotation
$30 US each. Seals and O rings, which are parts that probably should
be replaced whether cleaning or replacing, add about $4 US each.
Labor maybe 1.5 to 2.0 hr @ what, maybe $60/hr.  For a 102 engine,
total might be around $250 US plus tax, not including seals and O rings.

That may be insignificant pocket change for some, but is more than I
keep in my trash money most of the time.

If the alternative is a $7 to $10 can of cleaner, some simple hand tools,
and a few hours @ $0/hr to get a result that may be reasonbly good to
outstanding, that sounds interesting to me. But maybe that's just me.

Robert

Wed, 05 Sep 2007 10:38:17 +0930
Hendrik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
Subject: Re: [MBZ] [MBZ[ 560 back on the road, almost : Cleaning fuel
injectors
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], Mercedes Discussion List

The point is that the nozzles are only worth cleaning if you can get
access to a cleaning machine on the cheap. If you have to pay pro rates
to get em done you are better off to spend that money on new ones. As
someone else has said, they are a wear item.

Yes, they can be cleaned. Yes, cleaning may improve the spray pattern
and no they can't be rebuild.