Something else to consider is the use of an e-mail
client like Eudora that points out phishing links in
messages.  That is, when you get one of those phony
"You just bought a $699 Dell computer, now log in to
your PayPal account to pay" messages, the link that
says www.paypal.com in the message is flagged as not
pointing at the IP the URL resolves to.

I just got two of these today.  Another giveaway is
that it's sent to "undisclosed recipients" in my mail
client, rather than to me specifically.

Dan

--- Tom Hargrave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Glenn,
>

> eBay pays attention to the extent that they can but
> you need to understand
> that they are nothing more than an auction house and
> to that extent they do
> not represent the buyer or the seller. It's not
> eBay's place to find sellers
> who are falsely advertising but they do investigate
> all sellers who have
> complaints filed against them. You can forget about
> calling - no-one answers
> the phone unless you happen to be a power seller &
> have the correct,
> unpublished 800 number. But there is actually a
> formal on-line process that
> you use to file a complaint against a seller & the
> system works. PayPal also
> works in your favor & the advantage with PayPal is
> that filing a complaint
> through them immediately locks up the sellers' money
> and that tends to get
> the seller's attention in a hurry.
>

> Ebay also has excellent security policies in place
> and they have an
> excellent set of recommendations on their web site.
> If buyers would just
> abide by their rules and recommendations, there
> would be a lot less of this
> BS going on.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Tom Hargrave