Zoltan Finks wrote:
> I've looked at the fan and the shroud. I don't see any evidence of
> scraping. I would think I would see markings.
>
> My other thoughts on this mystery noise are:
>
> Wheel bearings
>
> Our belt seems looser than it might should be. Wonder if that could be
> the noise? I have not owned a car with a serpentine before.
>
> Something related to our use of the parking brake (which we don't use
> all that often, but did yesterday)

Wheel (or driveshaft or axle) bearings or the parking brake make noise
correlated with car ground speed - NOT engine speed.

Could be belt idler bearing or any device driven by the belt. Does the
fan blade move more than 10 mm front to back? That's about the limit
before service is required.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.