-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Robert & Tara Ludwick
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 3:37 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1985 300SD Nasty Engine Vibration

There are a number of homemade ones out there, made from grease guns and
bottle jacks , but all of the designs I've seen use iron plumbing parts,
and if you've ever checked the pressure rating on those things, it's
only a few hundred psi at best, and I certainly wouldn't want any body
parts in range of one of those in operation. If going that route, choose
materials carefully.

The injector is calibrated by disassembling the injector body and
replacing shims of different thickness on the nozzle. I've never
bothered to go that route, the testers aren't all that expensive, but
finding a supply of shims is another story. my local Bosch injection
shop doesn't charge me anything to test them either, so it just hasn't
been worth it to invest in the extra equipment.

-------Robert

R A Bennell wrote:
> How difficult is it to do this yourself? I seem to recall an article about a
> home made tester with a gauge made
out