Every house we have built, save this one, has had a
central vac.  If it's done during construction it's
not that expensive, relative to a high quality vacuum
cleaner.  Not to mention you don't have to lug all the
crap around to sweep.

We had one in our house when I was a kid, but it was a
late 1950's thing, and woefully inadequate.  When we
built out first house some years ago, which was a 2
story behemoth with 3,000 square feet, the wife
suggested we do a central vac, but I was reluctant
based on prior experience.

We went to a wholesaler that sold them and got a
demonstration.  Wow.  What a difference.  From there
it was no question...

Only reason we didn't put one in this house was
because the builder wouldn't do it, and they wouldn't
let us do it on our own.  Jerks.

Dan

--- Kevin Kraly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You'll never be truely impressed with a vac until
> you have central vac...
>
> My wife and I are once again on the house hunt, and
> most of them have
> central vacs.  The house we looked at yesterday had
> a vac outlet in the
> garage, quite handy for vacuuming out the vehicles.
> It has 2 4 car garages,
> each one was two cars wide and two cars deep.  My
> wife said that I could
> fill them in no time!  I would have to have a steady
> stream of fixers coming
> and going to make the payment though.
>
> Kevin in Portland, OR
> 1983 300SD 267Kmi, Ursula who needed the passenger's
> lower BJ and the idler
> arm bushing on that side as well
> 2006 Sprinter PV 1.6Kmi, die Kiste

Got a little couch potato?