Peter T. Arnold wrote:
> I love the term "Factory Rebuilt".
>
> Think they send them back to the Fatherland where Elves rebuild them?
>
> I met a fellow several years ago who was convinced that his new fender
> had "Factory Paint" on it!  Yes, he thought that the new fender had
> been made and painted in the factory!
>
> In East Hartford, CT there was a dealer who rebuilt flathead fords in
> the 50's.  They were advertised, stamped and invoiced as "Factory
> Rebuilt".  Because Ford wanted the royalty!
>
> Where are people like that when I have something to sell?

Mercedes has a number of "factory rebuilt" assemblies. They ARE
remanufactured a plants in Europe. They carry a 1-4 year warranty
(specific to each part). They used to be a good value. Since the dollar
has fallen (compared to the Euro) they are no longer a good value.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)