I didnt think you liked 140's.  Did you sell one that was your parents
or something?  So tell about the new one you bought?  Also tell about
this old beat up 95?  They getting rid of it?

The 140 did change quite a bit.  Some things for the better, some not.
The earlier ones had more features, but also had potential wiring
harness issues and such, as well as the evaporator etc.  The later ones
they seem to be stripped down somewhat with less features, and things
that were standard on the earlier ones, are optional on the later ones.
  By then they had wiring issue solved.  Not sure about the evaporator
thing or not.  Did that ever get solved in the 140?

tom savage wrote:
> I just bought a 140 also.  Sweet one-owner '98 S420, as clean as you
> could imagine.  A local dealer actually had it on the lot.  Previous
> owner lived in the old-money part of town and (I swear I'm not making
> this up) his first name is Adolph.  Used Mercedes provenance doesn't get
> much better than that.  Might need a new thermostat, though.
>
> Not a stick, but after every other-marque three-pedal test drive I got
> back in the beat-up, bad-evaporator '95 S320 company car and thought
> "ahhhhh."  The realization that in January a year-long interstate
> closure is going to make my commute a living hell helped in the decision
> as well.
>
> I hadn't realized before just how much the 140 changed over its
> production run.  A '97-'99 is an almost completely different car than a
> '92-'93; think 450SL vs 560SL.
>
> Tom
> '82 300D
> '96 Passat TDI (dead)
> '98 S420
>
> Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
>> So I today I buy a 92 300SD from the Mercedes dealer in Wichita.  I got
>> them down 2k off there already VERY cheap price.  137k miles.  Damn
>> thing is near perfect.  They dont mess with those old cars like that. I
>> am surprised they didnt just run it thru the auction right off the bat.
>> Geez, I have been missing the 140.  It makes the 126 look like a POS
>> FROD or something.  When I got it home and was digging thru it, what do
>> I find in the rear seat pocket but a BRAND NEW Ipod Nano.  I mean BRAND
>> NEW.  Never been opened.  Holy crap!!  I dont care anything about Ipods
>> but the wife does.

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  94 E420, 92 300SD, 92 300D, 92 250D Turbo, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D,
  90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 89 260E, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro,
  81 240D, 81 380SLC, 80 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250