Hello pro and anti injector cleaners.

In the interest of beating a possibly dead horse, I offer this
which I learned by Googling.  Some may be interested.

I found a mail them in service that cleans and repairs all kinds
of modern electrically operated gasoline injectors, no diesel,
and they certaninly talk a good game.  WitchHunter
Performance in Bothell WA. www.witchhunter.com.
Beautiful website.

Here's what they had to say about cleaning CIS injectors:

"Robert,

We now just test but not clean the CIS injectors since they
don't clean well due to their design. The internal filter can't
be replaced and their one-way flow design won't allow
back-flushing the debris out of them.

No parts are included with our $8 each testing only service.

[I thought I read they furnished new seals at $8/injector
testing, which sounded too good to be true, and asked
for clarification.]

Gordon
WitchHunter Performance / InjectorServices
206-919-0794"

At $8 to have a reason to say I know whether an injector is
good or junk,  I'm in.

FULL DISCLOSURE: Also charges $8 per job to send the
injectors back by Priority Mail, US addrresses only.  Plus of
course it costs about the same to send the injectors to him.

It seems now that if there is varnish that can be dissolved, then
you or I can clean them.  Maybe a pour it in the fuel tank
cleaner by itself is OK.  If there is rust, junk, or gritters in the
internal screen, we are largely out of luck.  Seems to make
sense to me.

FWIW.  Aloha.