There are two concerns with natural gas:

1.) Natural gas will have the lowest BTU content of
any fuel (LP, gasoline, natural gas.)  As a result,
you won't get the nameplate ratings out of the genset
(engine) unless it's already rated for natural gas at
the given kW rating.

2.) In the event of an emergency, there is a remote
possibility that natural gas might not be available.
This is why standby gensets at critical sites are not
allowed to use natural gas as the only fuel - they
must have dual fuel automatic changeover systems,
using natural and LP, so that if one fails it will
change over automatically to the other fuel.

It's highly unlikely that you will ever lose natural
gas service, but it's something to consider.  Given
the choice, I would go with LP because it's easy to
store in fairly large volumes and you get more output
with it, too.

Also, using a "dry" fuel like natural gas or LP
increases the longevity of the engine, and reduces the
maintenance intervals, too.  If you use diesel, you've
got to have a source, a tank, piping, etc., not to
mention having to worry about fuel stability.

Dan

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/