Yes, it's just the wiring in the engine compartment that is subjected
to high temperatures that goes.

This means the engine wiring harness, the short piece of the wiring
pigtail that comes out of the ETA (throttle body), and a short piece
of a harness that goes through the firewall. Most people only replace
the engine harness, and wrap the other pieces real good in black
friction tape to try to hold things together.

I haven't actually done the job myself, but have seen others in
process. Doesn't look too bad as long as you are careful and mark all
the connector ends as you remove them.

Gary Thompson
1995 E320