LarryT wrote:

> Hi Mitch - you wrote <<been handing out repurchases at 4.75-5.0%>>
>
> What kind of 20 yr fixed refi rate does that translate to for someone with
> an excellent credit score?

Penfed credit union has been holding 5.99 on that HEL for about a year now,
as mortgage rates slowly climb, so now that I think about it, a .25 to .50%
decrease in the fed funds target would probably not change that rate at all.
It might make a 1/8 to 1/4% difference in some of the other mortgage rates.

Just to make me look like a fool, the feds did a whopping 16.75B in overnight
repos at an average of 5.22% this morning, nearly matching the target rate,
after I pointed out they seemed to be ignoring the 5.25% target last week.
(Thursday they did $5b at 4.91% and Friday they did $3B at 5.05%)
http://www.ny.frb.org/markets/omo/dmm/temp.cfm?SHOWMORE=TRUE