From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of R A Bennell
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 11:55 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] Changing coolant?

I lucked out on Friday night and found that my local Wally Mart had Zerex
G-05 on the shelf. So, now that I have
the "right stuff" I plan to change the coolant in my 76 300D. Any good
advice before I start? I had a bit of a
scare when I changed the coolant in our 95 4Runner a couple of years ago.
The thermostat wouldn't open up until it
got quite hot and then it opened with a bang and the fluid flowed through. I
was initially concerned that I might
have damaged the engine but time has proven that all is still OK. Do you
folks believe it is worth it to remove the
thermostat? I have never done this in the past and not had any real issue
with older North American vehicles.

Randy