George Murphy presents MB latest move into extended interval/lifetime
services with an interesting coolant article.  It appears that most MB
produced
since 2003 will qualify for the new 15 year, 150,000 mile coolant  lifetime.
Controlling Ph appears to be the central feature of this  program.  Not
acidic,as
someone recently tried to expound on, but slightly  above neutral,
approaching PH of 8.

This because of a time release from an additive package found in new and
replacement coolant surge tanks.  From what I read, the current MB  coolant, as
well as Zerex G-05, will remain the coolant of choice.

This will certainly be interesting  to watch, following the recent  policy
change on the "lifetime fluid" used in there automatic  transmissions.  My 98
ML
was delivered with this fluid, a sealed fill tube,  and NO dipstick.  Now the
fluid  life corresponds to the 39,000 mile  service interval and a service
dipstick is available.

Worth reading,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ