A two-stroke has a definite "cool" factor to it.

I can still remember driving my first MIL's two-stroke Saab (93 I think,
help me out here Chip) in the early 70s, and at the time it was a well-used
vehicle.

Four on the column, shifted from 3rd to 4th at 30 mph going downhill.

It just radiated (as my college-age step-daughter would say) uber cool.

First wife loved telling me about going to the gas station and being stopped
by the "expert" running the station when she started to pour a can of
Saab-approved 2-cycle oil into the fuel tank.

--
LT Don
http://don.homelinux.net/~don/

Make a small loan, Make a big difference - Kiva.org