> I'm new to this list but wondered how hard it was to redo the bottom
> part of the seat on the 123.  The leather on my 85 is in great shape
> but the bottom cushion is flat.  Just remove the entire seat from the
> car and then stretch to leather cover off of the bottom frame?

Pretty much.  Very common are broken springs, the pads themselves
can also decompose and fall to pieces.   Or both.  I have had some
success with welding splints (casts, really) over broken spring
ends, but if it breaks again I just re-do it.  You can also get
a good passenger seat from a local junkyard and swap in the spring
box.  Those results are usually better, but I've lived with the weld
until a good spring box shows up.  Seats are $20/pair at the U-Pull.

-- Jim