I do not think of the hill to the West of Portland as moderate!

I just checked, and it is a 7.5% grade, a bit more than moderate, I'd say!
No wonder it takes the grunt of a Cummins to muster enough speed to maintain
the speed limit while towing anything!  All of the W123 300 NA Diesels i've
owned have had a time pulling that hill as it takes all 88 hp to get there
with the shifter in S.  They all could hit 60 mph by the time we reached the
crest of the hill.  The SD doesn't have much trouble at all, and it's a good
Italian Tune-up.  Back to the Cummins Diesel, this new Dodge will be in the
fleet forever, and if I have even the slightest thought of trading it off,
I'll be hanged!

Kevin in Portland, OR
1983 300SD 267Kmi, Ursula