Gary, I can't help with your problem, but you may be able to help me.  The
compressor in my 81 240D is currently being held from falling by ropes (not
in place).  All the bolts are gone and I have no idea of even how many bolts
or where they go.  This was actually cooling until it fell out and may work
if I can get it mounted again.

As you go about your exchange, please keep me in mind for a tutorial when
you finish.

Thanks
Harry