On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 11:49:39 -0500 "Robert Bigham"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Minimum brake disk thickesses are usually intended to protect the
> calipers from overtravel
> of the pistons.  With new pads you should be able to cheat a little.
> Don't try to cheat for the
> life of the new pads.

Great idea. And seeing my pads are thin, almost down to the wear sensors,
going back to a new-pad thickness would buy some time for parts to arrive.
Living out in the boonies of northern New Mexico can be a drag sometimes.

> You didn't hear this from me.

Hear what from you?  :-)

> Here they have the cheapest 123 replacement disks.

It sounds like I should get a cheap set of pads from NAPA and then order
all the right stuff from Rusty.

Thanks,

Craig