help.

Pedantic?  What's pedantic?  Is that like walking crazy, or Monty
Python's Ministry of Silly Walks sketch?

Sun, 14 Oct 2007 11:03:57 +0930
From: Hendrik & Fay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Brain picking: Who knows about 102 engine block
drain ?

What the heck are you talking about?
The motor in question is a M102 not a OM. However you are close to the
mark, the block drain plug is on the exhaust manifold side about halfway
along the block. Pain to get at and I think it is 17mm.
Make sure that the heater is set to full on while you run the motor to
get it up to operating temp before dropping the coolant but wait till
the temp drops so as to avoid a trip to hospital with second degree
burns. Also leave the heater taps turned on to drain as much coolant as
possible out of the cabin heating system. If the coolant is dirty and a
lot of sludge comes out it is advisable to flush the system.
Also put a piece of half inch garden hose on the radiator drain but some
say it is better to remove the bottom radiator hose to get the coolant
out faster and avoid sediment settlement but that is being pedantic.