wilton strickland wrote:
> 'Flew in Vietnam July - Dec 72, total of 78 missions, including 6 to Hanoi
> during Linebacker II campaign of Dec 72.  'Flew from Guam and Utapao,
> Thailand.
> For its stupidity and the way it was conducted, Vietnam was a national
> tragedy second only to the Civil War as the nation's greatest tragey.  Iraq
> is fast catching up to Vietnam for second place.
>
> Wilton

Wilton,

The busy days.

I looked up many times in '65/'66 when I heard the sounds of all those
engines going over. And felt the ground shake a few times when they hit
the Delta.

My B-in-L did two tours in Thailand as a 52 crew chief in the early '70s.

Stupidity is right. And we obviously never learn.

Wray