Anybody figure out a way to diagnose and work on the fuel side of a 606
engine ?
That big intake manifold system completely covers the entire driver side of
my 606.910 engines.
And it's always a PITA to diagnose and repair fuel leaks, fuel injection,
and idle problems because you cannot see or reach anything on that side of
the engine with the engine fully assembled and  running.  And I don't think
you can run the engine with the intake manifold removed.  It is not near as
convienient as working on a 617 (and I presume 602, 3 or 4 engines).

I've had limited success removing the body underside covers and laying under
the car with it up on blocks.  But this feels dangerous and what you can
safely reach and manipulate from underneath is pretty limited.

To repair anything on the FI pump side, you have to guess what the problem
is, then invest a couple of hours removing and replacing the crossover and
intake manifold to change some part or make adjustment. Then start the
engine to see what effect it had.  Usually you have to repeat that whole
procedure over and over until you guessed the correct fix.  I keep a stock
of intake manifold gaskets to do this.

Am I going about this all wrong?  Has anybody else with a '95 E300D found an
easier way to work on this side of the engine?

Thanks,
Ned Kleinhenz
'95 E300D x2
'85 300D