Enterprise is *supposed* to be real good at maintaining their vehicles,
but I had to rent one of their compacts a couple of years ago in New
Hampshire that only had about 10k miles on it and the thing was beat.
 At least most of the car places are better on keeping the scheduled
maintnence up, even if they ignore some major repairs. I wouldn't buy
anything from uhaul.Most of the independent agents don't want to have to
fool with getting the reimbursement for oil etc and they send them out
the door low on everything  ( and if the engine seizes up, it's the
customers fault for not keeping the fluids up...go figure  ) I had to
rent a truck with a v10 ford a while back that only had about 50k on it.
the thing was over 3 qts low on oil leaving the agents yard when I
stopped at a gas station down the street ( for some reason, they had me
wait for 4 hours while they got the truck ready for a long trip and when
I got there , all the fluids were low, the cab was dirty and they hadn't
even bothered to empty the ash tray.....which I can be fairly certain
that they charged the last person for , for returning the vehicle dirty.
I have no idea what the heck they did during that 4 hours.)

About the only thing going for a used rental car is some come with
warranties.

-----Robert