This is absolutely true. The plug boots that sit below each coil pack
absorb a lot of heat and moving them around while changing the plugs
has caused more than one to fail. The wires that go out the side of
the coil pack to the other spark plug bank tend to fail less often.

Most often the failure mode is such that you will feel an occaisional
miss ant idle, but engine will run fine at speed. Guess a hard start
could occue as well, but I hadn't heard that one.

Gary Thompson
1995 E320