Installed my new air cleaner bracket today on my 300D.  I ordered
motor mounts at the same time, but it was too late in the day to
start that job, considering it's not one I've done before.  Something
unexpected always seems to come up when I do a particular repair for
the first time.

Even with the air cleaner bracket, for example, I had a lot of
trouble with the bottom bolt.  Despite trying to be careful and using
a lot of PB Blaster, when I got it out it looked like it it had taken
a few threads with it.  So -- had to stop what I was doing and make a
run to the hardware store for a new bolt, also got a tap to chase out
the bore and hopefully clean up the threads enough for it to hold.
It did seem to go back together OK.

Also did not know I had to unfasten the oil line flange on the
turbocharger in order to change the bracket.  I did not have a new
gasket for the flange so reassembled with the existing one.  It
looked OK, did not tear or anything when I pulled the flange off.

Anyway -- looking at the motor mounts and comparing them to the new
ones, I'd say the ones on the car definitely look flat.  Can anyone
write up a quick how-to on the R&R?  Looks like there is a center
bolt that goes in from the bottom and two bolts that hold the mount
to the subframe.  Do I just pull those two center bolts, raise the
motor a little, and then unbolt and replace the mounts?

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230