<<I changed the fluid in my "sealed for life" transmission today which has
been changed before, about 60K miles ago, but still way overdue.>>

Without a torque converter drain in the 5-speed electronic transmissions,
only four of the eight quarts can be drained. MB's now two year old change
interval on those five-speeds is 39K miles. I did my C320 (no TQ drain) at
about 45K
miles and the fluid looked OK.

My '08 C300's 7-speed has a TQ drain (yippee) and changes are called for but
I'd have to check the manual again since I've forgotten.

What does amaze me is the new 15 year change interval on the coolant.

RLE