Well that depends on of course the year, but since you've a diesel
it's an 92/93?

In looking at the manual
With bumper/rear window antenna
the rear bumper is designed for FM reception, the signal is routed
via the FM bumper antenna amplifier installed on
the left side in the thrunk to the AM rear window antenna amplifier
on the left C pillar.
The integrated rear window antenna is designed for AM reception and
routed to the left C pillar

Other docs talk of the FM bumper antenna amplifier which is located
under the lower left wheelhouse cover.

Well at yet more that talk about converting the integrated antenna to
a tri-band mast by disconnecting the AM and FM amp feeds
and redirecting to the tri-band aware mask.

First tho I'd remove the driver sides wheel well cover and see if
there is a FM antenna amplifer down there in the bumper corner.