Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:53:40 -0500
From: David Hemsley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 93 300E "Bucking"
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Hi All,
I have a 93 300E that I love has never given my any problems - Besides
 which it has history with me since it was my father's car.

Two/Three days ago my Lady ran it really low on fuel.  When I refueld I
 noticed that at bare minimum speed/idle levels she seemed to be
 "bucking."  I thought perhaps water in the fuel and put dry gas in at the
 next stop.

This did not stop the "bucking" noticeable when standing still as the
 idle would fluctuate between 5 and 10.  Upon acceleration it would
 disappear.  when first trying to move froma stop it appears to want to stall
 then takes off and seems to be operational.

I started to figure a fuel filter.  Who knows the last time this was
 replaced????

Bought a fuel filter - $62.00     For a fuel filter ?????

How is everyone freeing up rusted screws, nuts, bolts etc?  WD 30 wil
 not even begin to do the job.  I cannot begin to replace the old filter
 if I can't even take it off    :)

Dave H...