In the recent cold start thread I saw alot of people post things about the
proper Mobil 1. I wanted to clarify for the list, Mobil 1 5w40 is "Turbo Diesel
Truck". "Truck and SUV" is now 5w30 and not appropriate for our old diesel MBs.
http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1.aspx
You might also notice they've reintroduced 15w50 (as opposed to 15w50EP) they
claim it is NOT the same as the old 15w50. Unfortunately with no Marshall I
have no idea how to get a line to the Mobil tribologists to find out if its
appropriate for our cars. Marshall thought 15w50EP was fine and I suspect the
new 15w50 is too but have no information to back that up.

-Curt