The trunk is aluminum, so they prolly figured a beefy spring was not necessary,
but the wind catches it and WATCH YOUR HEAD! With the triangle, it's much
worse. I'll have to look more closely because the springs seem to help pull it
shut...so what keeps it open?

Chris

Kevin Kraly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I don't think that my '83 'SD has one,
just a spring loaded setup that holds
the lid up.  It doesn't seem too stiff though.  I don't have the triangle
either.

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1983 300SD 266Kmi, Ursula