Got a raise yesterday at work (with the promise of longer hours and harder
work) and so Saturday I'm going to go check out a '71 Saab 95.
AFAIK its been for sale for a year at $2250. I'm thinking to offer $1500 if its
in any kind of reasonable shape.

Hopefully I'll have better luck, I too have been cut out of a car before. I
once arrived to look at a 300D moments after a guy had put a deposit on it. I'd
been prepared to pay $2000 (he was asking $3k) and the guy paid $1200...

I was pissed, I'd just driven 3 hours.

-Curt