One other note - there is no drain plug on the Torque converter on the
1999 E-Class. Mercedes decided to save $2.89 per car and doom the
owners to premature failure. You will need to do several fluid
changes. Topside sucking leaves about a quart of fluid behind. You
have to remove the pan, then remove the filter to get all of it out.
The filter is a friction fit. Once you remove it you get another 1/2
quart of fluid that it was holding in place. If you are the type that
likes to put magnets in the pan, you need small ones - 1/8" will fit.
There is not enough clearance for 1/4" ones. The good news is that
they started using spacers on the pan bolts so you can't overtighten
them like on earlier models.

Better to suck out what you can and change the fluid now rather than
waiting till spring.

Hope this helps...

-Dave Walton