Not the battery cables - those are tight and the battery took a charge over the
last 2 days - 2A trickle, so it should be good to go. Weirdness persists. I am
going to soak the tumbler with deoxit and hope some gets to the ignition
switch. Will disconnect the battery and rotate the tumbler real good. It's
worth a try before getting into the switch. Deoxit has proven quasi-miraculous
in the past.

Chris

Rich Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Well the boy's car had loose connectors,
he jiggled them but did not
tighten them before calling for the jump.  I think what happened was
moving from hot Texas to cold Philly, and the temps dropping up there to
cold levels, loosened them just enough that they were not making good
contact to charge/start the car.  The guy who came tightened them and
jumped it, all was well.

Also if that big battery is dead, it will either take some time to get
it juiced up on the jump, or if it shorted or otherwise completely
fried, it will just keep sucking up the jump power and there won't be
enough to do anything else.

--R