In a message dated 12/21/2007 8:21:53 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Using  one foot forces you to RELEASE the throttle when you engage  the
brake.  If you put the brake where the clutch is supposed to be,  then
people who are accustomed to a manual transmission would be  punching
the brake.

If you can't stop and go with one foot you have  no business behind the
wheel of a car.

Thank you "strieb"!    I hate the idea of left foot braking  with a passion!

Consider a dozen cars moving down the freeway at about the same  speed.  The
car showing it's brake lights, for no good  reason, is probably driven by a
left foot braker.   They  sneeze, the brakes come on, the phone rings, the
brakes come on, they change  lanes, the brakes come on, they tailgate closer
than
anyone else, the brakes  come on!

Brake lights are necessary to warn of an impending speed change.   Resting
your left foot on the brake pedal invariably results in an excess  display of
brake lights, mesmerizing the other drivers, maybe, lulling them into
complacency, I hope not, but certainly annoying.

Riding the brake pedal with your left foot MAY improve your reaction  time,
but I bet  left foot braking is NOT safer in the overall street  driving scheme
of things!  The only group interested in promoting left  foot braking is the
brake repair shops, who will see a left foot braker's  vehicle as core
business!

End Rant!

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ