A car deal gone south can hurt a friendship in a hurry.

I sold a 1978 Olds Cutlass to my Sister In-law & 3 months later, I got a
call. She litterally screamed at me through the phone. The car was at a
local garage with 2 blow head gaskets & she accused me of selling her a
lemon.

I asked what happen and she stated that the red "Hot" light came on. I
asked what she did next and she stated that she drove it (17 miles) to a
friends house. And why? Because her friend had a phone she could use -
this was pre-cell phone.

As it turns out, the radiator spring a leak & the coolent ran low. This
was 100% her fault but if you ask her today, 20 years later, she will
still tell you that I sold her a lemon. At least I didn't finance the
car.

You on the other hand are probably screwed, particularly when they find
out the compressor replacement cost & possibly the head replacement
cost. They can't afford either. If they could then you would not be
financing the car.

Tom
www.kegkits.com