My dad said I couldn't consider myself a welder until I'd lit my pants on fire.

Check...

I managed to weld a piece of stovepipe around a perforated snowmobile muffler.
It looks AWFUL but I think it'll hold at least for a little while.
Based on today I might be ready to try a little sheetmetal on a car... I might
have to buy Dwights 240D just as a welding project... Where to get a microwave?
;)

Oh and for you amatuer welders out there: a self darkening welding helmet makes
ALL the difference in the world.

-Curt