Okay so the new starter made my car start silently.
The new alternator makes it idle much better when cold.
Its amazing, before the new alternator on cold start the car would stumble for
a second or two before falling into good idle, now it stumbles for maybe half a
second and idles perfectly and a bit faster. At stops the headlights don't dim
and the blower doesn't slow down...

So it REALLY needed a new Alternator. This one is a NEW alternator from the
stealership (with my Indy's discount, sorry Rusty, there was no time for
shipping) so it'll hopefully last a long time.

Of course on the way home a lifter decided it didn't want to pump up and
clattered like the devil for a few miles. Probably because the car had several
cold starts while being worked on. It did finally sort itself out and quiet
down. We're due for an oil change anyway, 12 quarts of M1 5w40 are in the back
seat. Yeah 12, I bought all Autozone had, I hate running short...

-Curt