> archer wrote:
>> I wonder if there are any regular Mensa members on the list?
>
> I looked into it, the requirements were so far below my ability that
> I didn't think I'd prove anything by joining. (and didn't see any
> benefit to membership other than being able to say I was a member)
> Seems like 90th percentile on Graduate Management Admission Test was one
> way to qualify. What's that, about a 600 score out of 800?
> Mitch.
-----------------------------------
Their website shows several ways to qualify.
Gerry
http://www.us.mensa.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Join
 Tests commonly administered by school districts
 California Test of Cognitive Skills
 IQ 132
 Differential Ability Scales (DAS)
 GCA 132
 Otis-Lennon Tests
 IQ 132
 Otis-Gamma Test
 IQ 131

 Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test (NNAT)
 Individual and Multilevel Forms
 Ability Index Score
 of 130 or above
 Stanford Binet
IQ 132
 Stanford Binet 5
IQ 130
 Woodcock-Johnson Test of Cognitive Abilities
  (not the Woodcock Johnson Achievement Test)IQ 132
--------------------------------
 College preparatory tests
 ACT Composite
 prior to 9/89
 effective 9/89
 29
N/A
 GMAT
 (Percentile rank of
 verbal + quantitative)**
 95
 GRE prior to 5/94 (math + verbal)1250
 from 5/94 to 9/01
 (math + verbal + analytic)1875
 effective 10/01
 N/A
 Henmon-Nelson
  132
 LSAT*** prior to 1982 662
  effective 1982
 (total percentile rank)
    95
 Miller Analogies Test (MAT) prior to 10/04 (raw score) 66
 after 10/04
 (total group percentile score)
95%
 PSAT (taken in junior year) prior to 5/93--180
 effective 5/93
 N/A
 PSAT (taken in senior year)
 prior to 5/93
 effective 5/93
195
N/A
 SAT or CEEB prior to 9/30/74--1300
 from 9/30/74 to 1/31/94--1250
 after 1/31/94N/A
------------------------------------
Tests administered by private psychologists
  California Test of Mental Maturity (CTMM)
IQ 132
 Cattell
IQ 148
 Differential Ability Scales (DAS)
 GCA 132
 Reynolds Intellectual Assessment Scales
 IQ 132
 Stanford Binet
IQ 132
 Stanford Binet 5
IQ 130
 Wechsler Adult and Children Scales IQ 130
 (WAIS and WAIS-R, WISC, WISC-R, WISC-III, WISC-4th
 Edition, WPPSIT)
 Note: Short form not accepted
---------------------------------
Tests administered by the military ****