Hmmm, I'll give 'em a couple days, its the holidays after all, and then I might
do just that...

-Curt

Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 19:31:46 -0600
From: Rich Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] (NE) Customer Complaint - Store 3212
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Here is what I have taken to doing when I have an unsatisfactory
customer experience.  Do a web search for Autozone, get their HQ info,
phone number then look up their 10k filings and get the name of the top

marketing or customer-oriented person (like a VP or SVP of something
customer-sounding).  Then call him/her up.  You will likely get his/her

moat dragon, but very nicely explain what happened, you think they need

to know that, you are a loyal customer of nn years and want to keep
being so but under the circumstances there is a lot of competition
blahblah, you doubt if that is the way s/he likes to see the company
perform, and ohbytheway, I would really like him/her to call me or can
we set a time for a phone call and explain how that could happen and
what might be done about it.  You will likely get a call within 24 hr
from a regional mgr or someone like that, on whom the sh*t landed, and
then again very nicely you can explain and tell them what you want.
Then call the original back and tell them what happened and if you are
satisfied or not, close the loop.

I had a problem with a rather large multi-state bank a year or so ago,
called HQ, asked for the VP of something by name, it was kinda late in
the day and he actually answered the phone himself.  I went through the

whole issue, nicely, explaining I was a customer, trying to continue
being so, but they were making it really hard for me to do that ---
 next
morning 8:30 the local biggest branch VP or something called me, set up

a time, I went there, they were very nice, took care of business,
 called
me a couple days later to make sure I was happy.

--R