In a message dated 1/2/2008 3:28:37 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Needing  new tires, and thinking that since my speedo reads a little
fast, maybe I  have the wrong size on there currently.

What is the correct size for an  '83 300D, with the stock bundt wheels?

Allen,

According to the Nitske bible, the NA 300D had 175 SR 14s,  this with  the
3.46:1  rear gear.  The turbo calls for 195/70 SR-14s and uses a  3.07:1  rear
gear.  Personally, I would go with an H rated tire,  regardless of the speeds
you will likely travel.    The 195/70  HR-14 will give you more stability due
to it's stiffer side walls, with just a  slight loss of comfort, if any.  Go
into Costco and browse the tires, grab  a handful of side wall and try to flex
the H rate tire.  Then feel how  wimpy the S or T rated tires are.  The one
exception might be the  Michelins, which always seem to be built right, and
roll
smoothly, with little  balancing weight required.

Regards,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 264 K miles