I pretty much hold on the underground tanks being about 55F constant. I
don't worry about "overfilling" as the distance home or into town from my
usual station consumes about a half gallon within 20 minutes of my having
filled.

I do hold to variations in tire pressure at very cold or hot summer temps.

I suppose my biggest fuel tip is there are stations that take manual "stick"
readings of their tanks. This I think is an EPA requirement as they keep
records should an underground tank be leaking. Something I've seen at
several stations is the attendants sprinkle Comet cleanser or "Barkeep's
Friend" on the stick to see an accurate reading. Maybe it's nothing but I
can't ignore the accumulated abrasive that must be suspended in the fuel.