-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Curt Raymond
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 3:19 PM
To: Diesel List
Subject: [MBZ] Has anybody ever

I know you lot are bad ones to ask to talk me out of something so...
The trans in my Dakota is probably not long for this world, its working
adequately for now but who knows about the
future. I could probably put in a used one for $1200 or so.
But
Theres an auction place not far from work that has an '01 Ford F150 4x4 that
appears to have been used as a chase
vehicle (white, low end, and has the lights on top) that didn't sell in the
last auction. The next is tomorrow
night.
Now its way high miles (like 190,000) but I'm thinking as a chase vehicle most
of that would be relatively low
speed highway stuff.

Anyway I'm gonna go give it a look tomorrow, if its in decent shape I figure to
put $1500 on it. I'll keep my
Dakota for the moment to see how things shape up.
At that price if it pukes I'm not out so much and maybe I can sell some parts
to recoup some of my investment.

Opinions?

-Curt