There are still applications where Fiber Channel is king. It gives you
a level of determinism you simply can't get from Ethernet. That can be
important to some transaction processing and data acquisition systems.

Yes, you should be able to use a 4Gb SFP in place of a 2Gb, provided
everything else is equal (both have same wavelength and drive the same
type of fiber).

Gary Thompson (telecom nerd)
1995 E320