At 05:11 PM 1/11/2008, you wrote:
>Hi Kevin,
>I had a '65 Corvair Corsa 140 convertible (4 carbs/4 speed) Red w/
>Black Int.....  Try as I might, I could not make it "Dangerous at any
>Speed"!!!!!!
>Loved it!
>Chuck
>Phoenix AZ
>On Jan 11, 2008, at 2:16 PM, Kevin Kraly wrote:
>
> > Residual fear of the Corvair?)
Chuck et al.
"Unsafe at any Speed" was written about the earlier swing-axle
Corvair and you could get jacked-up if you cornered with too much
gusto! As usual Nader was a "Day late and a Dollar short".
My 65 4 door was a rocket (breathed on it a bit) loved everything
about it except the solid steering shaft and the smelly heater.
Ole Ralphie killed the later Corvair just as they were getting the
bugs out, pity.
Fred Moir
Lynn MA