This gets me thinking, why don't they build a Linux distro based on a web
browser interface. The problem I see is that a lot of people are scared of
Linux because it has a reputation/perception as being more difficult to use
than windoze.
To be honest it is due to the need to manually install stuff, whereas
windoze is designed for ease of use.
Having a web browser interface will overcome a lot of these apprehensions
because most computer users are familiar with a web browser and how to
navigate around it.
If linux is to grow they need to come up with a standard that programmers
can work with to build easy to use software that is self installing.
Obviously within the linux community there are divisions along the lines of
those wanting to build easy to use stuff with an industry standard and those
who are linux purists and have a secret agenda to keep non geeks out of
linux, fearing if linux becomes too popular it will push them out and make
their work redudant. This is understandable from the point of view that one
dominat flavour of linux will squash the other flavours into oblivion.
Nobody wants to work on a dead end project.
I guess that is the first problem that has to be solved, the battle between
one dominant linux and having lots of little penguins going off into
different areas to see where they end up.
Anyway I have to reinstall ubuntu due to clumsy button pushing.

Hendrik