Price may rise, but so will speeds if your town is getting FIOS or a
close by town is.  Seattle is boosting cable modem speeds by a factor
of ten to compete with FiOS coming to Redmond and other suburban towns.

PDX is also upgrading speeds because Verizon is offering FIOS to
suburban cities, along with TV.

clay