My "brand new" '82 300SD *suddenly* and *with no warning* developed a
transmission problem: does not shift out of first. Reverse and First shifts
are quick.
Since I stuck the Kaleb motor along with a known good transmission (~ 100k
miles) in the car, everything was fine for ~ 10K miles.
The old transmission leaked bad and it happened when the fluid level went
low that it would not shift up.
This time the fluid level is good. The kick-down cable is adjusted correctly
and the  modulator vacuum line is plugged in.
Any ideas what went wrong?

--
Hans Neureiter, Houston, TX
'82 300SD, '95 E300D