--- Kevin Kraly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
> What does, "for the age of the Unimog," mean?
> The rest of it is rusty/decaying, and so is the suspension.

These are not like cars...  The bodies can rust away while the chassis
& mechanicals can remain in pretty good shape.  Sometimes you see
severe chassis rust on the agricultural models that have been used in
salty environments, but as a general rule the military models (like
this one) just have body & sheet metal rust from sitting in a damp
military depot for 30 years.  The mechanical parts are more than likely
fine.  Trust me on this, I have seen a *lot* of unimogs up close and
body rust was never an indicator of mechanical condition...

As far as sheet metal goes, these are a very forgiving vehicle to learn
bodywork on.  The military cabs are all hand-made to begin with, all
the panels are available and relatively easy to fit with simple body
tools, it is all sheet metal over a square tube frame.

  -Zach